2023/2024 school year
Target audience: Adults for whom Portuguese is not their mother tongue, with the exception of citizens from countries where Portuguese is the official language.
Teaching mode: face-to-face
Duration: 64 hours
Students can only enroll in one level per semester.
Vacancies per level: 20 (each level only opens with a minimum number of 8 students).
12th of September to 15th of December 2023
14th of February to 31st of May 2024
10th of July to 8th of September 2023
11th of December 2023 to 7th of February 2024
How to enroll: Prior to enrollment, you will be required to take a placement test. Ask us for the link to the test by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Semester Course placement test. The result will be sent by email along with the instructions for enrollment.
Schedule for the 1st semester 2023/2024:Horário_2023-2024_ S1 (1).docx (1)
*You can only choose one class (A, B, C, D…) and you cannot change classes/timetable after the start of the course.
- External students: €450 + €7 (school insurance fee);*
- Erasmus+ NOVA FCSH students (with a Portuguese as a foreign language course in their Learning Agreement): free;
- Erasmus+ students from other schools of NOVA University (with a Portuguese as a foreign language course in their Learning Agreement): €7 (school insurance fee);
- Students at NOVA FCSH(including Erasmus + students without a Portuguese as a foreign language course in their Learning Agreement as well as Freemover and ICM students): €150;
- Academic staff, researchers, and other workers at NOVA FCSH: €150 + €7 (school insurance fee);
- Students, professors, researchers, and workers from other schools of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa: €350 +€7 (school insurance fee).
*(If you need a declaration proving your enrollment, you must add €6 to the course fee. This declaration can only be issued upon payment of the total cost of the course).
Payment method: PAYPAL (payment instructions will be given by email after application validation)
General conditions of the course:
- Each level of the semester course, successfully completed, awards 6 ECTS.
- The result of the placement test is not binding – in the 1st class, the teacher will reevaluate all students.
- Attendance begins to count on the day the course begins, and not when the student begins attending the course.
- The justification of absences is only valid upon the presentation of an official document.
- Attendance of 80% of the classes is mandatory to get the certification.
- The number of justified absences cannot exceed the number of classes attended.
- Assessment is continuous and based on: attendance and oral participation (10%), written and oral assignments (30%), a mid-term test (20%), and a final test with five components – reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar (40%).
- The same rules established in the NOVA FCSH Assessment Regulations for undergraduate courses apply to the semester courses in Portuguese as a Foreign Language.
- The language of instruction is Portuguese.
- Schedules may be subject to changes.
- The payment is valid ONLY for the date(s) of the course(s) that you enrolling in.
- Payment is non-refundable, except if the course you enrolled in does not open because there is not a minimum number of 8 students.